Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hope and refuge

 

Hope and Refuge.

 

Changes in life can happen as wrestling commentator Jim Ross would say “quicker than a hiccup.”  We need an anchor for our hope and a refuge, and we can find that in God.  I found myself seeking Him in prayer and trying to trust him more in the weeks I was without work. I want to share some verses that have helped.

Psalm 31:3-5

          “Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead me and guide me.  Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.  Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me. O Lord, the God of truth.” 

Psalm 31:24

          “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.”

Psalm 33:20-22

          “We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.  In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you.” 

          These verses are points of hope and the Batcave blog has always been about giving the participant hope found in God’s word with the intention that you may be able to draw closer to God. I don’t know what your current struggle may be but you can place your hope in God.

 

Psalm 112:1

          “Praise the Lord.  Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.”

Psalm 84:12

          “O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.”

 

 


Rock of Ages by Steven Curtis Chapman

Made me glad by Sandi Patti

Not by Sight by Petra

Psalm 112 by 4 Him

Highest Hope by RL Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment