Sunday, September 27, 2020

Reminding Signs

 

Reminding signs

 

          I got two reminders this week that I really needed.  Lately these signs have been popping up in yards around town that contain one word and that word is “pray”.  Then on Friday night I was reading through blogs I had written before.  I don’t normally do this and I rarely watch the video version after I posted them.  On my first job as a security guard I was guarding a refinery site under construction and one of the blogs I had written reminded me of this habit I had of praying for the safety of the employees and that they would have hearts that would seek after God.  I now work at a gated community.  God reminded me that no matter where I work or what I’m doing I should still be praying for those around me.  Moses prayed multiple times on behalf of the people of Israel.  Jesus prayed for his disciples and you and me in John 17.  You can pray anywhere and anytime for those around you and in your life. 

          Ephesians 6:8 “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion.  Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.”

          Philippians 4:6-7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” 

          “Dear Heavenly Father, please take the reader and watcher of this blog and draw them closer to you and give them hope.  For the people I work around Lord give them hearts that seek after you.”


This is a poem I wrote to go with the blog.  


Power Washer

 

Like rain and sludge down a storm drain

He opens his heart

He pours out

All thoughts and cares

To God above

The pressure in the soul and brain

God now deals with the pain

The man no longer needs to hold on

For now he is held

In stronger arms

All fears and wishes

Leave them to be cleansed

Like dishes in a dishwasher

Because God’s love

Cleanses better than any

Power washer

He pleads on behalf of

Those near him

And under his care

He cares because

His savior

First cared

Like rain and sludge down a storm drain

Peace now replaces the cares caused by pain

Prayer and trusting God

Has cleansed all stains 

 

Prayer by Petra

Pray for me by Michael W Smith

Honesty by Margaret Becker

Hey Now by Amy Grant

Secret Weapon by Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment