Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Defender

 Defender

When you become a believer in Christ and begin to follow God you start to discover you are part of a spiritual war.  In Ephesians 6 you learn God has given you armor and a sword.  I know a little about fights I’ve won one and lost the other.  I also play a game called Marvel Strike Force and every other day we have wars against other alliances.  I have also written fictional stories and one involved a fight I could see in my head as I walked through La Palmera mall.  This Psalm 121 I’m about to share deals greatly with God being our defender and protector.  You see where you turn in times of trouble is a good indicator of where your faith is.  See when I took a motorcycle safety course years ago the instructor said this.  “Where you look is where you go.”  If you have never been on a motorcycle or motor scooter let me explain.  If you look in one direction for too long you start to lean and go that way.  Do you trust God to take care of you and do you look in His direction or are you looking somewhere else.  If you check the book of Revelation at the end the followers of God get to win.  Keep your eyes on God he’s fighting battles you don’t even see.  

Psalm 121

“I will lift my eyes to the mountains 
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord, 
Who made heaven and earth.  
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel 
Will neither slumber or sleep.  

The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.  
The sun will not smite you by day, 
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.  
The Lord will guard your going out and coming in
From this time forth and forever.”

Love and the Outcome had it correct.  

“I’m in a war every minute 
I know for sure I’ll never win it
I am David up against Goliath 
And it’s a fight for my attention 
I’m being pulled in every direction 
The world tells me, trust what I can see
Lord, help me believe what I believe 

Cause you are bigger than any battle I’m facing 
You are better than anything I’ve been chasing 
Savior and royalty, the only hope in me
Jesus, you are
The King of my heart.”

Trust God and let him be your defender.








No comments:

Post a Comment