Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Red Alert

 Red alert 

John 16:33
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”  


Each place I have worked as a security guard has held its own different adventures.  Where I work now looks like a castle but functions more like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise while under attack.  

“Through it all
Through it all 
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus 
I’ve learned to trust in God
Through it all 
Through it all
I’ve learned to depend upon his word.”

“The earth is shaking 
It’s like a bad dream
This world is crumbling 
Coming apart at the seam
But I am on the Rock, I am on the Rock “

I’ve had nights I’ve had to pray and ask God to calm me because things can come at you so quickly.  Sometimes he calms you and sometimes it’s the storm.  He’s still the God in control of it all.  

Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous!  Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 61:1-4
“Hear my cry, O God; 
Give heed to my prayer.  From the end of the earth, I call to you when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For you have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy.  Let me dwell in your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”

  The other night I was at work and I just kept thinking of these words from the song Waiting here for you by Christy Nockels.  If you’re having a rough day or week seek God.  

“If faith can move the mountains 
Let the Mountains move
We come with expectation 
Waiting here for you, I’m waiting here for you 

You’re the Lord of all creation 
And still you know my heart
The Author of salvation 
You loved us from the start.”







No comments:

Post a Comment