Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Hold

Hold

Tuesday afternoon my wife, Marion and I were in our garage and she walked towards me and something happened.  Now you must understand she and I are some of the most accident prone people ever.  We have a fence in part of the garage and she started coming towards me and didn’t see our dog, Sofie’s water bowl and suddenly on instinct I reached out and wrapped her in my arms in a half hug.  So there she was holding onto the fence and I was holding her and I made sure she was okay before I ever let her go.  

This is a blog of hope and you and I are going to have good and bad days.  

But I want you to read some hope.  

Lamentations 3:21-26

“Yet I call this to mind and therefore I have hope. 
Because of the Lord’s faithful love
We do not perish
For his mercies never end.
They are new every morning; 
Great is your faithfulness!
I say the Lord is my portion 
Therefore I will put my hope in him.
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, 
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord.”

You and I we’re tripping over a dog’s water bowl having good and bad days but God calls us to seek him for hope. His mercies and loving kindness are new every morning and he holds them out to us.  We’ve got to wake up and seek him.  


“Thought if I just got a hold
Thought if I could only gain control 
I could say just having it all
The more I tightened my grip
The more I felt the fall
Until I realized I couldn’t make it alone

Then it hit me that’s when it started.
I let go and God got a hold on me
I was nearing the edge
Slipping over the ledge
Till God got a hold on me.”








No comments:

Post a Comment