Friday, September 13, 2019

Casting

Casting 

Have you ever been so anxious and worked up mentally that you prayed till you fell asleep.  That was me this past Saturday and for about the last week and a half.  I’m afraid of heights. This past Sunday, Real Life Corpus Campus met at the Schlitterbahn Waterparks Resorts for church and there is a bridge you have to drive over to get there from where we live.  I was very much not wanting to drive over this.  I made a commitment to go between me, my wife Marion and Pastor Micah.  We were going to follow where God was leading the church.  I’ve also been praying a lot about my work situation because I may have a job but the hours aren’t there.  I’m applying for a new job to whatever I can think of.  I often pray till I fall asleep lately.  

I have mentioned before in the blog that one of the most important verses you can memorize is this.  

1 Peter 5:7
“Casting all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.”  

Then Monday night I was working through my Youversion app reading plan and it brought me to this.

John 16:33
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”  

I don’t know what’s going to happen in my life.  But God is my refuge and where I am turning.  

I was also brought to Psalm 18 this week and if you’ve never read the chapter it is beautiful.  Maybe one of you is like me and you’re struggling and you might need these verses too.

Psalm 18:1-3

“I love you, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer.  My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised.  And I am saved from my enemies.”




Praise the Lord by Selah this song is originally by the Imperials and they describe it as the In Between song because it’s meant to be lyrically a song that gets you through spiritual battles and reminds you where God is and what you need to do in the meantime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment