Sunday, July 28, 2019

Perspective shift



Perspective shift

I have told this story a few times but to me it never grows old some of you have read it some may have not.  See there’s this scene in the graphic novel Justice League/JSA: Virtue and Vice at the end where Superman and Sentinel are outside the Justice League Watchtower in space overlooking earth and Star Girl and Wonder Woman are talking and Star Girl asks why they come up there and look around like that and she’s answered with one phrase. “Perspective Courtney, Perspective.”  

A few nights ago my heart was heavy with a lot of things I was troubled by my job is changing and I could use a lot of prayer right now.  I needed a perspective shift.  Then I read Psalm 9 and I found it.  I was focused inward and not upward.  I have said it before what I learn from God I share in the blog and it is brutal and honest and someone other than me needs to read this too.  

Psalm 9:7-10
“The Lord reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgement. He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice.  The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you.”

I often tell you that the music I link to the blog lyrically goes with the verses.  So you’re going to see a bit of that.

“Back to the Rock that is higher than I 
Take me to the well that will never run dry
Take me, take me Lord
To the Rock that is higher than I”. 

“Sometimes when Hope is hard to find
We’ve got to walk by faith
Until we see the way
Hold tight for we are promised in time
Those who patiently wait 
Will never wait in vain
For we know God is faithful 
He’s a fortress to run into
In time of trouble 
He’ll cover us with the wings of his love”
 







No comments:

Post a Comment