Sunday, July 7, 2019

Glory of the King

I told ya'll I was taking a break from the blog and I hadn't really even done anything for a week with it.  My friend David told me a few weeks back he liked when I did a random kinda spontaneous blog like the one I did called Wide Open Spaces.  This blog you're about to read is spontaneous.  Marion and I had just parked at the Moore Plaza HEB and from the Chinese restaurant to the store this song lyric was in my head I couldn't name the song or the artist I just knew it was a guy who sang it.  We googled the lyric "Glory of the King."  Bugged me the whole time in the store because google failed us.  Then I get home I'm going through the music on my computer and suddenly I thought Live Like That by Sidewalk Prophets.  I looked up the song and then the lyrics.  Then I had the exact song.  Then I looked up what they based the song on.  So here's the verses and then I'll leave you this song.  Consider this a spontaneous start of the week bit of encouragement.  

Hebrews 12:1-2
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross,  despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."


No comments:

Post a Comment