Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Pathway

The Pathway 

Following God doesn’t always make sense but it’s worth it.  

If you’ve read my blog for a long or short time you may have discovered it kinda starts with scripture and song lyrics sometimes in that order or reversed.  The verses came first this time.  

Proverbs 14:26-27
“He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.  The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.”  

This brought my mind to the song If You Want Me To by Ginny Owens.  Ginny is not like most Christian artists.  She is blind physically but not spiritually.  Her song is about our journey.  

“It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that’s not my home 
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I’d never go alone

So when the whole world turns against me
And I’m all by myself 
And I can’t hear you answer my cries for help 
I’ll remember your suffering that your love put you through 
And I will go through the darkness if you want me to

When I cross over Jordan I’m gonna sing, gonna shout
Gonna look into your eyes and see you never let me down 
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to you
And I will walk through the valley if you want me to.”


We’re going to have good and bad days but the verses in Proverbs 14:26-27 are promises of hope for us and our future generations if we continue to follow God it will be worth it in the end.  It doesn’t always make sense and it doesn’t have to.  God is still on his throne and we take comfort and hope in that.  He hasn’t left us and he won’t.  

Hebrews 12:1-3
“Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”




 







No comments:

Post a Comment