Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Out of control

Out of control 

This blog has been called a weekly dose of hope and I try to give you the reader hope and kind words to help you keep your eyes fixed on God.  I mention kind words and encouragement a lot.  Someone may ask what fuels me to talk on such a subject with passion.  There’s not enough kindness and encouragement in this world.  I’m going to share with you something that happened years ago when I was young.  This kid who shall remain nameless said something to me that hurt.  I forgave him but that was hard.  He was talking with a group of kids and saw me and said “Why don’t you go stand in a corner and talk to yourself.”  Then I also spent 13 years at a call center.  I got called pretty much every thing a person could be called.  Over time I started to work on the media team at Real Life.  Aside from my own wife, and family,  Real Life was the rare place where I would hear kind words spoken.  I am passionate about encouraging you the reader because I know what it’s like to need encouragement in my own life.  

Proverbs 16:24

“Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.”  

This past Saturday I came across some verses I wanted to share because when things get out of control in our lives we need to remember to turn to God and why we do.  

Psalm 9:7-12

“But the Lord reigns forever, executing judgement from his throne.  He will judge the world with justice and rule the nations with fairness.  The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.  Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.  Sing praises to the Lord who reigns in Jerusalem.  Tell the world about his unforgettable deeds.  For he who avenges murder cares for the helpless.  He does not ignore the cries of those who suffer.”

Psalm 10:17-18

“Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless.  Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them.  You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people cannot terrify them.”

See when you need kindness, hope and encouragement God has provided it in his word.  

I’m going to share with you one of the most important scriptures you need to memorize.  1 Peter 5:7

“Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about you.”

When things start spinning out of control turn to God because he is on his throne and he cares about you.  


I want to thank my friend Lynda because when I posted a teaser (something I post on facebopok to stir up interest in the blog.) for the blog this was her response.

Isaiah 41:10

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”

I would also add to that

 Isaiah 52:10

“The Lord has demonstrated his holy power before the eyes of all the nations.  All the ends of the earth will see the victory of our God.”  

God’s not done with you and me.  Sometimes the harsh and unkind words said to us he uses in our lives so we can encourage and build up others.  








No comments:

Post a Comment