Sunday, September 30, 2018

No Vacancy

No vacancy 

My dad taught me something years ago and I quote it a lot.  I just had a mess of a week.  Not every night when someone crashes into your parked car in your driveway.  I find myself praying a lot about the car being worked on, the motorcyclist who hit it and other things stressing out my wife and I. Sunday night I needed some reminders.  So for those reading waiting for what my dad taught and “for the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home.”  Here are three fundamental facts.  

1.  There is a God
2.  You are not him
3.  There is no vacancy 

See part of my world has been falling apart and I’m having to pray and trust God a lot.  But Sunday night I was at work reading Growing in the Seasons of Life by Chuck Swindoll when I was pointed to Psalm 115:3.  “Our God is in the heavens, and he does as he wishes.”  Chicken Little said “The sky is falling.”  He was wrong.  Psalm 19:1-6 says an emphatic NO! 

“The heavens proclaim the glory of God.  The skies display his craftsmanship.  Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.  They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  Yet the message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.  God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.  It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.  It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.  The sun rises at one end of the heavens and follows its course to the other end.  Nothing can hide from its heat.”  

See as I drove to work much too early in the morning I was praying a lot.  I remembered that God went before Israel as a cloud and a pillar of fire.  God always surrounded his people.  And He is non linear he already knows what and when and how.  I needed to remember he was still on his throne and he was not leaving any vacancy.  He’s still in control.  Doesn’t always have to make sense to us and until we reach Heaven it probably won’t.  I just pray that I respond how he wants me to.  Because I may say the sky is falling and He says it’s still where I left it.  Sun comes up, moon tags in.  Nope the sky is still there.  

“Though the winds may blow 
And though the floods may grow 
I shall not be moved
Because I am on the Rock!”

Psalms 24:1-2

“ The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.  The world and all it’s people belong to him.  For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths.”  









So most all the songs here lyric wise have something to do with the blog posted.  But the last song here has been one I rediscovered after years and it is here because the song is so great I wanted to share it with others.  And one night Marion reminded me I just put links up for you the reader if I put a little or a lot it’s still your choice to read or listen.  It’s a blog designed for busy people and you get out what you invest into it.  I just have to be willing to post it.  


Minor note if I ever quote a song in the blog I will leave a link to it.  Unless it’s a secular song I won’t do that.  As Sean Connery said “Here endeth the lesson.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment