Sunday, February 18, 2018

Pour

One of the definitions of Pour is to flow forth.  I want you to think of liquid in an object.  This past Sunday I sent out a blog about prayer and got some amazing feedback from people.  There's a verse I read today and I'm going to present a few but the word pour appeared and sometimes I think pouring is an aspect of prayer we may forget whether it's due to busyness or just thinking we can handle things and don't need to pray.  Philippians 4:6 says this "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done."  See God is big enough to handle anything we pray about.  Before I get back to the word pour I want you to have a foundation and reasons to go with the pouring.  Psalms 62:5-8 "Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.  My victory and honor come from God alone.  He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.  O, my people, trust in him at all times.  Pour out your heart to him for God is our refuge."  Pouring can become mechanical if we spend anytime around a kitchen or drink anything but do you ever just pour your heart and feelings out in prayer.  A few years back I was hurt emotionally and I had a friend tell me to rip off the band aid and let God heal you.  King David in the Psalms is the most brutally honest person in the Bible when praying he unloads so much.  He was called a man after God's heart a title all of us should want. Be completely open and honest in your prayers and trust God with your hurts because all the things listed in the previous verses show that he can and will handle things and does care for you. Here are results of what happens when you pour out your heart in prayer.  Psalms 66:16-20 "Come and listen,  all you who fear God and I will tell you what he did for me.  For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke.  If I had no confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.  But God did listen!  He paid attention to my prayer.  Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me."  Job 11:13-20 "
13“If only you would prepare your heart
and lift up your hands to him in prayer!
14Get rid of your sins,
and leave all iniquity behind you.
15Then your face will brighten with innocence.
You will be strong and free of fear.
16You will forget your misery;
it will be like water flowing away.
17Your life will be brighter than the noonday.
Even darkness will be as bright as morning.
18Having hope will give you courage.
You will be protected and will rest in safety."


















No comments:

Post a Comment