Sunday, February 4, 2018

In a little while

In a little while 

This is a blog about hope.  This past Saturday I was doing some thinking.  Then on Sunday Pastor Micah echoed something I had been thinking.  See God uses the things we go through and if we're willing he uses them through us to help others.  One of the most common things I have prayed for over the years is hope.  It hit me Saturday and humbled me that the guy who has prayed so much for hope in situations is teaching an online bible study blog about you guessed it hope.  If you don't think God uses despair to teach others you never met King David, Job and Jeremiah because they had some of the most emotional issues in the Bible.  But in order to have hope I must point you to Christ.  

See I titled this In a little while because of the old song by Amy Grant with the same title and it's something that has been stuck in my head since Sunday.  There's a part where she references the Bible as a letter from God.  "But then your letter caught my eye, brought the hope in me to life, cause you know me very well.  And I bet you wrote just to tell me.  In a little while we'll be with the Father.  Can't you see him smile?  In a little while we'll be home forever.  In a while.  We're just here to learn to love Him we'll be home in just a little while."  

You're hurts and struggles and desire for hope God is going to use that.  He has you in a specific place to reach others but you have to be willing to be used.  He's not done with you not by a long shot.  You may give up on you and others may too but you need to look at something.  Philippians 1:6 "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  

You and I as part of the body of Christ are on a mission!   God didn't just save you and that's the end no ma'am he has plans for you.  You have been charged with tasks.  Been waiting to use this in blog for a while now.  Jude 1:20-25.  "But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life.  In this way, you will keep yourself safe in God's love.  And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering.  Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgement.  Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.  Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.  All glory to him who alone is God, our savior through Jesus Christ our Lord.  All glory, majesty, power, and authority are his before all time, and in the present and beyond all time! Amen!"  

I had a friend who once said "Hope sometimes is a four letter word."  In the Green Lantern comics there is an emotional light spectrum and Hope is signified by the color blue and the Blue Lanterns greet people by saying "All will be well."  When I talk and blog about hope and pray for hope I want it to be an encouragement to you the reader.  If you seek hope in your situation seek it from God because when you trust him and seek him then indeed All will be well.  It may not always turn out the way we think it should but in his timing and his way it will work out right. Now I don't in any way mean just because you trust and seek God all your problems will disappear because they won't.  He even warns us that won't be the case.  John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

He is the source of true hope and where we should seek hope from.   Romans 15:13 "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."    
Psalms 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.  So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.  Let the oceans roar and foam.  Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge."  


























No comments:

Post a Comment