Monday, July 31, 2017

Psalm 142

Psalm 142

This is an awesome passage. 

1.  "I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy." Mercy is given to us by God when he helps us and forgives us of our sin.  
2.  "I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles."  If you spend time studying King David's life you find someone who has the most brutally honest relationship with God.  More so than just about anyone other than Moses.  David took the good and bad before God and asked for help.  
3-4.  "When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.  I look for someone to come help me, but no one gives me a passing thought!  No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me."  This passage is written regarding David's experience with King Saul in the cave.  David is surrounded by his own soldiers but still because of his pursuit by Saul he still feels utterly alone.  But before he falls into complete despair he finds hope in God.
5.  This is a verse that is a fix of priorities.  We all need this verse.  "Then I pray to you, O Lord.  I say 'You are my place of refuge.  You are all I really want in life.'"  
6.  "Hear my cry, for I am very low.  Rescue me from my persecutors for they are too strong for me."  He asks God to rescue him and when people are against you he is the best place to look not to gossiping about your problem.  Pray and seek God.  
7.  But the question could be asked why would God bother to rescue you?  Because it glorifies him to help us.  "Bring me out of prison so I can thank you.  The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me."  See when God helps you, you in turn praise him and others see that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment