Monday, July 17, 2017

Do you need my glasses

"Seeking you as a precious jewel Lord to give up I'd be a fool you are my all in all."  Are you seeking or are you sitting on the sidelines?  God wants us to seek him.  Isaiah 55:6-7 "Seek the Lord while you can find him.  Call on him now while he is near.  Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong.  Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.  Yes turn to God, for he will forgive generously."  We have the technology to make a missile seek a target giving off heat.  In the movie Predator the creature targeted with thermal imaging and infrared.  You and I focus and become obsessed with things.  Things aren't the answer.  When we seek God he shows us help, mercy, love, forgiveness and so much more.  It's time to fix your targeting system.  Why you ask?  I'll let the lyrics from Exalt the Name by Sandi Patty answer that first and then I want to present to you Psalms 130.  

"He rules the universe, yet hears the humble cry.
Bringing comfort to a broken heart.
The power of his word can split the earth and sky.
Yet mend the lives that sin has torn apart."

Psalm 130 

"From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help.  Hear my cry, O Lord.  Pay attention to my prayer.  Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?  But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you.  I am counting on the Lord: yes, I am counting on him.  I have put my hope in his word.  I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes more than sentries long for the dawn.  O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord is unfailing love.  His redemption overflows.  He himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin."  

You want reasons to seek God there they are right there.  So like the game Killzone always tells me when my shooting is off "Aim straight" or "Do you need my glasses."  

Psalm 63:1
"  O, God you are my God; I earnestly search for you.  My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water."  


No comments:

Post a Comment