Monday, May 8, 2017

What about you?



A few years ago there was a movie that asked a simple question:  "What about Bob". This blog however is not about Bob.  My question is where are you turning?  See there was a series of books back when I was a kid called Choose your own adventure.  Where are your choices taking you?  King David made some choices and in Psalms 59 he talks a lot about his enemies and he had a lot of them but then you get almost to the end of the chapter and that's where he really chooses his own adventure.  So I'm not asking you about Bob but after you read this I want you to consider "But as for me". That's when it becomes personal because I can't make the choices for you.  Psalms 59:16-17 "But as for me, I will sing about your power.  Each morning I will sing about your unfailing love.  For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.  O my Strength, to you I sing praises, for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love."  Deuteronomy 30:19-20 "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses.  Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make.  Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live.  You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him.  This is your key to life.  And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob".  Choose life love and follow God.  "But as for me."  David knew what he was choosing.  Do you?













No comments:

Post a Comment