Tuesday, May 23, 2017

History of Hope



Last week I shared a verse and I'm going to post it again.  "This letter is from Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, appointed by the command of God our Savior and Christ Jesus, who gives us hope."  To some this blog or weekly email is known as a Weekly Dose of Hope.  It wasn't always known by that name it is still when I post it on Facebook known as the Batcave blog and there's history behind that name.  I'm not going to bore you with the details.  I shared that verse above in 1 Timothy 1:1 for a reason.  It is God who gives us hope.  He is the source of our reason as Christians to even have hope.  See at one point Aaron was asking me if I wanted to change the name for the blog in any way and if there were any ideas I had.  We tossed some ideas around and I wanted it to come back to the word hope.  You can watch the news at anytime and something bad is always on.  We need more hope.  My friend Chris had once told me when he gets the emails to him it's "like a weekly shot of spiritual vitamins."  So we went with a weekly dose of hope.  "Never give up hope at least not so early in the game."  So let me give you some good news.  We win in the end. John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  God's not done with you!  Philippians 1:6. "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  
Romans 5:3-5 "We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."  Remember people "The God of the past is still God today."  When you need hope listen to what God calls us to in Jeremiah 6:16 "Stop at the crossroads and look around.  Ask for the old godly way, and walk in it.  Travel it's path, and you will find rest for your souls."  The Source of Hope calls you and me to seek him for hope.  


If you want some extra passages about hope found in God here are a few you can read.  Psalms 71, Psalms 55:22, and Psalms 37:24.




 







No comments:

Post a Comment