Sunday, January 1, 2017

95-2017

When I graduated high school in 1995 there was not a lot of hoopla.  I had been home schooled from fourth grade on.  We had a small party at my parents and family and friends showed up.  I remember someone gave me a cassette of a song called the Class of 95 by Christian musician Wayne Watson.  With the start of 2017 I wanted to start us off in a special sort of way and end the year on an encouraging note.  As a comic book fan I see a lot of reboots and rebirths.  The start of a new year is a restart element of sorts.  Wayne Watson had it right when he penned these words for his song "God has surely been most faithful he's been so much more than kind.  So get ready to test your wings and fly away but when you do remember you are loved and somebody here is always praying for you."  Yes you yeah you the person reading this I pray for you.  I pray before and after posting each Bible study blog that God will use his words and my feeble words to bring you closer to Him because all this I type up prepare and share it's not about Zac it's about bringing glory to God.  Last week my Dad read the blog and told me i was thinking like my Father.  I asked what he meant and he said "Call no man Father except for your Heavenly Father.  You're choosing to make much of Jesus."  That's the goal!  So as we start a new year and close an old one I want to urge you to continue seeking God and putting Him first in all things.  How many things?  ALL!  Numbers 6:24-26 Moses is told by God to tell Aaron to bless the people with a special blessing.  So as you start the year .........."May the Lord bless you and protect you.  May the Lord smile on you.  May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace."  

If you want to start the New Year off right Joshua can tell you how.  Joshua 24:14-15 "So fear the Lord and serve Him wholeheartedly.  Put away forever the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived beyond the Euphrates river and in Egypt.  Serve the Lord alone.  But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve.  Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates?  Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live?  But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment