Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Search

When I was much younger I remember praying asking God to let me see the beauty he placed in others.  So often when you meet people your mind groups them into categories and makes judgement calls.  I know this because I've done so and I've been the victim of people thinking I should act, think, or look a certain way.  I was reading in Proverbs and this verse stood out to me.  Proverbs 11:27 "If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil it will find you!"  Friday I had a frustrating day and honestly things kept getting worse my anger grew as I focused on the negative.  I had to keep praying and I kept coming back to 1 Peter 5:7.  "Give all your worries and cares to God , for He cares about you.  The part I needed most from that is to get my focus off the negatives and remember God cares for me.  When you're having a bad day that is hard to do.  The mind is a dangerous place full of warfare for the Christian.  Psalm 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."  My friend David Moody posted that verse on facebook and then went on to say whether he was in a bad or good mood it was still a day the Lord had made and it was still a day to be joyful about because his mood didn't change the fact that God made the day and it was good!  
So the next time you have a bad day I want you to have some weapons you can use.  Matthew 6:25-34, Colossians 3:1-3 and Philippians 4:8
There's a line in the song All in All by Dennis Jernigan that says "Seeking you as a precious jewel Lord to give up I'd be a fool you are my all in all."  If you want to find bad in others and situations trust me you'll find it.  If you seek God and the things of heaven you'll do a lot better in the long run.  


No comments:

Post a Comment