Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Correlating Creations

I have a friend David Hill who knows that I write Bible studies and fictional stories.  He's an artist skilled in many areas I am not, yet when we get together and talk he tries to understand how my mind works as far as writing.  I don't understand it all myself.  For about 6 years I've done some form of writing.  In Genesis 4:2 it says this.  "Years later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel.  When they grew up, Abel became a shepherd, while Cain cultivated the ground."  God has designed things we are good at.  If you study the Old Testament you find it often mentions people as skilled craftsmen.  I don't consider myself in that category yet but God has given me things I'm good at and enjoy.  Friday night I was driving home from work and for most of the year I have had two fictional stories I've been working on.   Many times I've become frustrated at my own ability to add more than a paragraph a month to either story.  People who crochet or knit get my frustration.  my wife Marion does both and I've seen that look of frustration a lot.  Those that know my fictional writing know I use characters from video games, cartoons, comics, wrestling and my friends to tell the stories.  This little tidbit I'm about to share is especially for David.  I've spent about 3 weeks or more thinking and trying to determine how this character Tigra fits into one of my stories and how to introduce her.  So I picked up this four issue mini series of comics to learn who Tigra is at her core.  So Friday night it hit me how she was supposed to fit in the story.  Then Saturday on my way to work I got to thinking about a week before I had been praying about my writing.  God does things in His timing.  See I called this blog Correlating Creations for a reason.  Before each Bible study is sent or typed I ask God to use it to glorify Him.  I came to the conclusion that God knows I enjoy both types of writing but sometimes my flow of fictional writing seems to slow down because there's Bible studies he wants me to share first.  See my creative writing correlates to day to day life, prayer, and drawing closer to God.  If I tried writing creatively on my own then God wouldn't be answering my prayer of helping me write what glorifies Him.  Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek his Will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."  See I have to seek Him in all I do no matter what type of writing I do or how I live day to day.  He has to be First!  Proverbs 16:3  "Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."  

No comments:

Post a Comment