Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Thrive

I started working on this on Saturday night.  I sent a text to Pastor Greg and reminded him of something he said during a Life Group leaders meeting.  "If you want to be part of a life group involving large chunks of scripture Zac's is the one to be part of."  This came about because of the last two verses involved in this.  I'm just letting you know ahead of time there is a lot of scripture involved.  

 Thrive means to grow or develop well or vigorously or to flourish and prosper.  John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life and may have it abundantly."  See this life thing it's not easy.  We were never promised it would be.  We've been struggling since Adam and Eve sinned in the garden.  See it's a matter of where your heart is at and who you turn to in good and bad times.  John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me.  Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows.  But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  See there's hope.  as the Hairbrush song says.  "Good has been done here."  The hope is not in drugs, alcohol, sex, relationships, or anything else.  Hope is found in Christ Jesus!  Do you want to know how to thrive in life?  Not in a monetary sense but spiritually.  It begins with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Religion won't do it neither will church attendance.  In John 14:6 it's spelled out as plain as can be.  Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No one can come to the Father except through me."  The path to salvation is found in John 3:16 and in Romans.  Most of you reading this have gotten that far already.  So I would like to help you on this journey.  Psalm 37:5 is good instruction for all of us.  "Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him, and he will help you."  How much do you commit?  EVERYTHING!  Why?  Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," Says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster to give you future and a hope."  Why am I telling you all this because I want you all to say what King David did in Psalm 52 because it's amazing.  "But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.  I will always trust in God's unfailing love. I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done.  I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people."  

I mentioned earlier how the fall of man has caused trouble for all of us.  I wanted to direct you to a song about that.  It's about the fall and God's appeal throughout the years for us to turn to him.  This song is called Adam, Where Are You? - Don Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment