Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Good Morning

I have a strange work schedule.  Thursday-Sunday I see the sun go down at work.  On Monday and Tuesday morning where I work faces right where the sun comes up.  I'd like to talk a bit about day and night.  Genesis 3:3-5 "Then God said `Let there be light!' And there was light.  And God saw the light was good.  Then he separated the light from the darkness.  God called the light "day" and the darkness "night".  And evening passed and morning came marking the first day."  For years now I have worked nights God created me to prefer doing so.  When you work nights you yearn for the sunrise because it spells the end of your day.  Those who know me well know I am a voracious reader.  One of my favorite fantasy authors is R.A. Salvatore.  He has this character Drizzt Do'Urden that he writes a specific way.  He tells of his adventures but after each chapter he goes into a first person perspective of Drizzt's observations on things.  I want to share with you one of those profound thoughts on daybreak.  "Why watch the dawn?  Why then, why that particular time, instead of any other hour of daylight?  Because at the dawn the sun is more brilliant by far.  Because at dawn, we see the resurgence after the darkness.  There is my hope, for as with the sun, so it can be true of people.  Those who fall can climb back up, then brighter will they shine in the eyes of those around them."  Morning is a "restart element".  Here's how I know that.  In Genesis it said the changing of darkness to light signified the first day.  Also there's this.  Lamentations 3:22-23 "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."  as the day starts his mercy begins anew.  If you need a bigger example of the most awesome morning read John 20.  Why because Resurrection morning was a sunrise I mean Son Rise like no other in all of history.  As you view sunrise or sunset throughout your day greet it with praise to God.  My friend David brought this to my attention.  "A day is neither good or bad.  Sure good and bad can happen but it is still the day the Lord has made."  I want you to remember this.  Psalm 113:3 "From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment