Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Lord of Heaven's Armies

I've been reading my Bible in 2 Samuel and Psalms to be exact.  Some things David can teach us got my attention.  As we approach Christmas i tend to think often about the proclamation of Jesus name with him being also called Emmanuel meaning God with us.  At times as Christians we don't think too much about that or somehow overlook it.  @ Samuel 5:10 "And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord God of Heaven's Armies was with him."  God was with David.  I want you to see some things about God that maybe you've missed or overlooked.  I had a friend once tell me "sometimes hope can be a four letter word."  If your hope is in God that hope is not in vain.  You as a Christian need to see some blessings of where your hope lies.  Psalms 25:8-15 "The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray.  He leads the humble in doing right teaching them his way.  The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.  For the honor of your name, O, Lord, forgive my many sins.  Who are those who fear the Lord?  He will show them the path they should choose.  They will live in prosperity, and their children will inherit the land.  The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.  He teaches them his covenant.  My eyes are always on the Lord,m for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies."  This reminded me of a song by Hillsong called Like Incense.  David wants his heart to always be on the Lord as we should.  
"May my prayer like incense rise before You
The lifting of my hands as sacrifice
Oh Lord Jesus turn Your eyes upon me
For I know there is mercy in Your sight

Your statutes are my heritage forever
My heart is set on keeping Your decrees
Please still my anxious urge toward rebellion
Let Love keep my will upon its knees Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You

To all creation I can see a limit
But Your commands are boundless and have none
So Your Word is my joy and meditation
From the rising to the setting of the sun

All Your ways are loving and are faithful
The road is narrow but Your burden light
Because You gladly lean to lead the humble
I shall gladly kneel to leave my pride

God is with is as Christians and he has said "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  
We serve a God who loves us and forgives us of sins and rescues us from traps.  Let us remember this season that God is with us and share that hope and Joy.  To you the reader i would ask that at some point you stop and thank God for being with us because if we stop and look at our lives and David's he does make us prosper.  I'm going to leave you with a few songs to remind you God has not left you and me alone.  











No comments:

Post a Comment