Sunday, June 8, 2014

Philippians 2:14-18

14.  "Do everything without complaining and arguing."  This is a very hard verse for me personally.  Doing work in a call center helping people with online banking and credit cards puts you in one of the most negative environments on the planet.  I'm trying to get better at shutting up.  
15.  "So that no one can criticize you.  Live clean and innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people."  I want to live like this and sadly i don't get it right.  
16.  "Hold firmly to the Word of life; then on the day of Christ's return, i will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless."  That first phrase is what got me when I started reading all this.  It's so easy for me to get bogged down by stress that i need to be reminded to hold firmly to the Word of life.  1 Peter 5:7 says "Give all your worries and cares to God for He cares about you."  So many times i want to hold on to that stress because i don't want to give it to God and i have a hard time letting it sink in that I can run to him because he does care.  
17.  "But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God and i want all of you to share that joy."  This concept floored me one Sunday because i used to help on the media team at church and one day it hit me that my volunteering was like an offering to God.  At churches we get this mentality that our only offering is our tithe but it's not.  That's only part of it.  
18.  "Yes, you should rejoice and i will share your joy."  Have you ever been listening to a church person list things they are thankful to God for and you've had the thought I don't want to hear this.  Yeah i have because I'm forgetting to share in their joy.  This past week my wife had really good news.  I was in a bad mood already you know what i got for not sharing her joy; a great big fight!  Served me right for having a bad attitude.  Let that be a lesson to all of you.  Share your spouses joy.  

The Overflow by Shine like Stars this song is all about dependence on God 


Leave it in your hands by Unspoken.  this song has become a staple at Real Life and no matter what you're going thru you need to hear this.  



1 comment:

  1. I had the same feeling for so long, how do I leave my problems in God's hands? Seems like Saturday I found the way to leave my problem in God's hands. I don't know what came over me but I feel this cense of peace, something telling me not to worry. I don't know what it is, I pray about it all day, talk to God about it nightly, daily and every chance I get. Each time I begin to get negative about it, I pray and remember that God has brought me so far from where I was. He will pull me out from this and make me a stronger, better and more loyal follower of Christ. Thank you God!

    ReplyDelete