Monday, April 8, 2024

Give Ear

 

Give ear

 

I have certain friends that I have committed to pray for.  A few of them know who they are but a lot of them don’t know I’m praying for them.  A few days ago, one of those friends named Erica just simply posted something on Facebook and it reminded I needed to pray for her and I had been neglecting it.

  Recently I sat with a notebook and wrote out my feelings and it was never really intended to go anywhere else.  Honestly my thoughts get so scrambled and messed up, but I have times where if I don’t get them out my brain gets hung up on the wrong things.  I’ve quoted this before, but Anna Nalick said it best in her song Breathe.

 “2 am and I’m still awake, writing a song if I get all down on paper, it’s no longer inside of me threatening the life it belongs to.  And I feel like I’m naked in front of the crowd, cause these words are my diary screaming out loud.”

  That’s often what it feels like as a writer you simply have to get things out be it on paper or verbally you have to release thoughts.  I prayed a lot before starting this blog because I haven’t done one of these since February and I often feel I don’t have anything to say or a way to encourage people anymore.  But maybe you’re like me and you’ve been through struggles, and you need a friend like mine who just posted something on Facebook and God used it to remind you to pray. I want to take you to Psalm 5 because we need this reminder.  

 

Psalm 5:1-2

 

“Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.  Listen to my cry for help, my King, and my God, for to you I pray.  In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.”  

 

In my opinion 1 Peter 5:7 is still one of the most important verses you can ever memorize.  

 

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”  

 

We need a place to go with our thoughts and we also need to remember God cares for us and those around us.  

 

I’ve been on a journey as of late and if any of you want to pray for me about anything it would be that I find friends to connect with.  Since my divorce I have never felt more alone where I live.  Like I told my counselor I somewhat dread my days off work because all I have is my dog to talk to.  Sure, I’m single I can go anywhere and do anything but for the most part I’m alone and bored.    I have a friend I get to meet for breakfast on Thursday morning.  I meet with my parents sometimes on that day too, but I’ve been kinda bouncing from one church to another because one stopped having Wednesday night services.  I will flat out admit this if I ever get asked to do anything after church with someone, I will probably cry the whole way there just because making a friend would mean that much.  Being alone in a big city and barely knowing anyone is harder than you could ever imagine.  So, if you want to pray for Zac that’s how.  I need Christian friends.  But if you get anything from all this pray and seek God.  

 

Psalm 5 by Carolyn Arends

In Heaven’s eyes by Sheila Walsh 

No comments:

Post a Comment