Tuesday, October 11, 2022

 Safety 


The last two weeks have been quite the struggle.  I’m trying so hard to focus on anything.  The last thing I want to do is give in to anger and bitterness.  I don’t want to put up walls around me but at the same time I’m tired of being hurt.  Things have happened and my family and my new dog have helped a lot.  I keep relating to this part in the song Show the Way by Kim Hill.  
 
“Look, if someone wrote a play, Just to glorify what’s stronger than hate
Would they not arrange the stage
As if the hero came too late
He’s almost in defeat
It’s looking like the evil side will win”

  It’s the old plot to the Empire Strikes Back.  Everything that can go wrong has.  I truly feel like Evil has won.  I’m simply asking what’s next or as Goldberg would say “Who’s Next?”  This is the longest I’ve gone without doing a blog in a long time and it’s because I’m rattled.  Each day is just focus on something.  I don’t always quote secular music but this one song has been running through my head a lot.  You see I’ve spent years trying to share hope I really have.  I don’t know if I’ve even succeeded in what I’ve done.  I’ve always tried to help that one person who will listen.  

“Sometimes when your hopes have all been shattered 
There’s nowhere to turn
You wonder how you keep going 
Think of all the things that really matter
And the chances you’ve earned 
The fire in your heart is growing 
You can fly if you try leaving the past behind 
Heaven only knows what you may find

Dare 
dare to believe you can survive 
You hold the future in your hand
Dare
Dare to keep all your dreams alive
It’s time to take a stand
You can win if you dare”

There’s been 3 verses I keep coming back to because a week and a half ago I lost my job, I got a new one and a dog named Arisia.  I lost my confidence in my ability to even be a security guard.  I was that rattled.  It’s something I enjoy I like to think I might be good at it but the way things all went down I had no focus afterwards.  None.  

I’m not alone as I have felt.  For lot’s of reasons I have cried a lot and being a man it doesn’t bother me to admit that.  Psalm 3:3-5 has been somewhere I keep turning.  If you know the history of me doing this blog it’s where it all started.  But verse 5 has been hitting me the hardest.  See I have this new dog Arisia, a Terrier/ American Staffordshire mix that is all muscle with a big head and she sleeps by the bed and protects me. She’ll make you feel safe and loved.  A gift of safety from God.    

Psalm 3:3-5 

“But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.  I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain.  I lay down and slept, yet I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me.”  




No comments:

Post a Comment