Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Restore

 

Restore

 

 

We’ve read and heard Psalm 23 multiple times in our lives and that can be both good and bad.  Sometimes the repetition has made us not think about what it says.  I want to show you my favorite verse in the whole chapter.  It’s a verse I have very often prayed back to God.  The English Standard version translates it this way.  

 

Psalm 23:3

 

“He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”

 

 

Restore that’s the key word there.  Some versions actually say refreshes.  So why do I pray this back to God you may ask.  Some of you know I spent 14 years working at call centers.  It was one of the most frustrating and emotional things one can do with their life.  I still hate talking on the phone to anyone other than my wife and family.    I got yelled at, cussed out and verbally abused all in the name of trying to help people.  Customer service is not for everyone.  There were days and nights I would leave work to go home and not listen to music, and I love music.  I got to the point that I could no longer handle the sound of another person. I also on a daily basis got verbally attacked by coworkers making fun of something I wore, said or did because how dare I like anything different than what other people did. Prayer is a place you can go and turn your problems over to God and he wants you to be as honest as you can, and he will restore your soul.  There have been times I have prayed this before bed because I’m so emotionally drained from a day and I have to ask God to restore or refresh my soul when I don’t know how to go on.  I bring up my trauma from call center work for a reason. if anything I have gone through can be used to give someone else hope and point them to God I will try to do so.  I’m a mess but if God can use me to help someone else, I’m willing to be used.  

 

If you skip the music you will have missed part of the message of the blog.  

Cares chorus by Psalty

In the Name of the Lord by Sandi Patty 

Honesty by Margaret Becker 

Keep breathing by Kerrie Roberts

Friend of a wounded heart by Point of Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment