Monday, May 24, 2021

Coworkers story

 

The Coworkers story 

 

For those that may not know and there are some who do.  This blog is emailed to a few people because it started out as a blog for church members, family and friends and a few months back I sent them a prayer request because of my work situation.  I worked for a company from September to April.  Towards the beginning of February a man started making my job very difficult.  He would come by the guard house and say things to me that were very much sexual harassment.  Because the police and people over me in management couldn’t find a legal way to resolve the issue I was removed from the site allegedly for my protection and spent about two months with no work or pay.  I took on a second job working for Favor delivering groceries and food.  I learned some things in the meantime and that would be certain people in management had worked against me to have me gone.  I also found out that my friends Debra and David were trying to get my job back.  Some of you may be saying this is not Zac’s normal Batcave blog and no it’s not.  I have a point but you have to bear with me.  See I didn’t put a lot of these events together till recently.  It was a long stressful time for my wife and I because I’m not the type of person to not try to support Marion and I.  I wanted to work and being a security guard is something I enjoy doing.  As I stated in the meantime other things were happening.  My friend and coworker, Debra quit.  But I found out from her that she had been fighting to try and get me back to work and simply became fed up with management decisions.  Marion and I meanwhile were working for Favor and we helped Debra take up that line of work as well.  We had multiple phone conversations with her trying to help her learn the job.  Recently I was contacted by a friend I had once worked with and she was recommending me for a job.  One I was very familiar with.  I had to give it a lot of prayer and thought.  It meant driving further to work but it was steady and paid more than the sporadic guard work I was getting.  So I quit one job and picked up a new job.  Things fell into place in ways only God could make happen.  I literally worked my last shift at one job and then went to train for a new one.  When I got hired I started asking if they were hiring more people.  Knowing my friend Debra didn’t have a job other than working for Favor as well I kept telling her to apply with the company I was working for.  Things happened where one employee was not able to stay and work.  Debra just got hired for that shift because I referred her.  I was talking to Marion as we drove to the grocery store and telling her that all these horrible things happened but in the end God has been using it to help us and then help Debra as well.  We have referral bonuses for helping the company get more workers and from what I’m hearing it will benefit both of us.  Something else that went on during all of this is we inherited a new house and mine and Marion’s family helped us a lot.  We recently sold our old house.  We are blessed very much so and the glory only belongs to God.

 

I told you I have a point to all of this.  The man who caused me problems before thinks he won by getting rid of me and to me at the time it very much felt like he did.  See everything that happened yeah it hurt at the time.  But God used it for good!  If you look in the book of Genesis at the life of Joseph he gets sold by his own brothers into slavery then gets put in jail and through events only God could change he becomes second in command of all of Egypt saving thousands of lives and he makes a proclamation to his own brothers who meant him harm.  The things that they meant to harm him God used all that.  The bad stuff that happened to me with work God used it!  Was it fun?  No.  But I look back now and see Him at work in it.  

See Romans 8:28 says this.  “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”  

 

I don’t know what is happening in your lives I barely understand what’s happening in mine a lot of times but God can be trusted!  He’ll use the good and bad in your life.  

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment