Friday, January 8, 2021

Willing love

 

Willing Love

 

We miss the awe and wonder of God’s love so often.  It’s very easy to say “God loves you” but do you ever ponder how much of a mess you really are and then thank him for that love?

          There’s a song by David Crowder called “Lift your head weary Sinner” that says this. 

          “All who’ve strayed and walked away, unspeakable things you’ve done.  Fix your eyes on the mountain, let the past be dead and gone.  Come all saints and sinners you can’t outrun God whatever you’ve done can’t overcome the power of the blood.  If you’re lost and wandering come stumbling in like a prodigal child.  See the walls start crumbling let the gates of glory open wide.” 

          In Matthew 8:1-3 there’s a story of a man with leprosy and I want to show you this because like that man we’re all unclean every last one of us.  Some of us have been hurt so much in attempts to be loved we forget God is willing to love us and we’re scared to trust that love. 

Matthew 8:1-3

 

          "When he came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him.  A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, ‘Lord, if you are willing you can make me clean.’  Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man.  ‘I am willing,’ he said ‘Be Clean!  Immediately he was cured of his leprosy. "

Saturday night I was having a bad night and I started thinking about a verse my mom had me memorize as a kid and it got me to read all of Psalm 118.  Then I came to these verses. 

Psalm 118:6-9

 

          “The Lord is with me I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  The Lord is with me; he is my helper.  I will look in triumph on my enemies.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.  It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in Princes.” 

Then I read Isaiah 54:10. God Willingly loves us. 

Isaiah 54:10

 

“Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed says the Lord who has compassion on you.”

 

“Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.”

“I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene and wonder how he could love me a sinner condemned unclean.” 

 

 

 

Lift your head weary sinner by Crowder

How Marvelous by Chris Tomlin

Amazing Grace by Petra

Life to me by ZoeGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment