Thursday, January 14, 2021

Aftermath

 

Aftermath

          We all just went through a year called 2020.  It was a year of stress for many.  Where do you go in the aftermath?  Where will you go with the stress?  The Batcave blog has always been a blog where I have every intention to point the participant back to hope found in God’s Word.  If I ever point you to somewhere other than the cross of Christ, I have done both you and me a great disservice. 

          “When the road becomes too rough

          When you’re ready to give up,

          When you’re crying out for love

          God is faithful

          When your peace cannot be found

          He will never let you down.

          You have chosen solid ground.

          God is faithful.”

Matthew 11:28-30

          “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

          Those are Jesus’s words to all of us.  It’s a call to prayer and to seek him.  This next verse I have read multiple times before but when I looked it up a few nights ago it was the first time I ever noticed the exclamation point.  A minor thing that gives it more emphasis. 

John 16:33

          “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble but take heart!  I have overcome the world.”

Philippians 4:4-7

          “Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

          I have to remember this when I’m praying because God is not confined by time like you and I.  He led the people of Israel with a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night .  He’s already seen your problems from beginning to end.  He’s fighting battles for you that you may never even see or connect to a current problem till much later.  A lot of times God doesn’t remove problems because He’s using them to get you to trust Him and draw closer to Him. 

1 Peter 5:8

          “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”

 

 

 

Christ before me by Margaret Becker

God is Faithful by Shelia Walsh

More to this Life by Steven Curtis Chapman

Rest Easy by Audio Adrenaline

By your side by 10th Avenue North

Love is here by 10th Avenue North

Be still my soul by Amy Grant

Scream by ZoeGirl

Life to Me by ZoeGirl


No comments:

Post a Comment