Friday, December 18, 2020

Get it Stuck

 

Get it stuck

 

There are things that get stuck in your mind.  Song lyrics, wrestling promos, movie quotes, Gettysburg address Commercial Jingles and more.  I have a dog with a bad attitude, and I’ve been known to tell her.  “Ah stick it in your pointy ear” 

            The prophet Isaiah was sent by God to get things said but he needed the hearer to not only hear what was said but to but to have the things he said go from ears, written scrolls but also get stuck in people’s hearts.  When Isaiah was first starting his ministry, this was how things happened. 

Isaiah 6:9-10

            “He said, ‘Go and tell this people: be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing but, never perceiving.  Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes.  Otherwise, they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.’”

            See you can hear what God says, and read it, but God wants it to go past your eyes, ears and mind and get stuck in your heart and change you.  Don’t harden your heart because it’s time for a refresher course about who God is.

Isaiah 8:13-15

            “The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, He is the one you are to fear.  He is the one you are to dread, and he will be a sanctuary, but for both houses of Israel he will be a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.  And for the people of Jerusalem, he will be a trap and a snare.  Many of them will stumble; they will fall and be broken, they will be snared and captured.”

Isaiah 46:8-13

            “Remember, this fix it in mind, take it to heart you rebels.  Remember the former things those of long ago, I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times what is still to come.  I say: My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please.  From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far off-land, a man to fulfill my purpose.  What I have said I will bring about; what I have planned I will do.  Listen, to me you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness.  I am bringing my righteousness; it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed.  I will grant salvation to Zion my splendor to Israel.”

 See I mentioned wrestling promos at the beginning and like any promo you have your points you are making and then your Go Home Line, as in what can you the participant take home from all this. It’s simple there’s 3 principles to life we all need to remember.  1.  There is a God! 2.  You are not Him! 3.  There is no vacancy!  Bottom lined the whole blog for you.

 

Cornerstoneby Leon Patillo

You are Godalone by Phillips, Craig and Dean

ConsumingFire by Third Day

God and Godalone by Steve Green

No comments:

Post a Comment