Friday, December 11, 2020

Different Plans

 

Different Plans

 

          As a person I don’t react well to change.  I’ve had some thrust on me lately some big and some small.  Change causes me to fear and at times be angry.  Fear is a little bit of an ironic enemy to me because some of my favorite comic book characters are Green Lanterns who are told “You have the ability to overcome great fear.”  You see fear is a liar it tells you to worry and not trust God.  With as little sense as our lives may be making you probably need these verses as much as I do.  I kept thinking of the song Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds when reading Ecclesiastes 3 because that’s what the song was based on.  Yes, there is a time and place for every purpose under Heaven But it is verses 9-14 that help us realize God’s purpose and sovereignty. 

Ecclesiastes 3:9-14

 

          “What does the worker gain from his toil?  I have seen the burden God has laid on men.  He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for men to be happy and do good while they live.  That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.  I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.  God does it so men will revere Him.” 

Then we need these next verses to fix our gaze.

Psalm 31:14-16

 

          “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say ‘You are my God.’ My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me.  Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.”

Philippians 1:6

 

“Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” 

 

Changes in our lives won’t always make sense but God’s not done with us and we need to trust Him because His ways are better. 

 

 

 

 

Turn TurnTurn by Adie

Fear is aLiar by Zach Williams

Heaven inthe Real World by Steven Curtis Chapman

You Hold menow by Rebecca St James

All I needis you by Adie

Healer byKari Jobe

BeautifulThings by Gungor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment