Thursday, November 12, 2020

Repurpose and Refocus

 

Repurpose and Refocus

 

          We live in a very chaotic time.  Life in America is crazy right now.  Things at my job and maybe yours have been probably crazy too.  I’ve felt a bit like I’ve had a loss of focus and purpose for a few days.  If you’re not a writer, it may be hard to grasp.  Let me try to explain.  If you follow the Marvel Avengers movies there’s a scene where Tony Stark uses this round object to prop up a machine to work on his Iron Man armor.  A few movies later the same object gets repainted and becomes the shield of Captain America.  Sometimes we like that shield let our focus and attention in life get on things when we need to get our focus and purposes of our life back on God.  Real life example.  I have to work on benefits for my insurance.  You can ask my wife Marion I very much became upset and angry with the design of the website and the people not answering the phone.  My attention and focus much like that shield must be repurposed. 

          We need a fortress, a refuge, and a fountain.  For those of you paying attention that just gave me the Scooby-Doo confused look just wait it will make more sense momentarily. 

Proverbs 14:26-27

          “Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.  The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life turning a person from the snares of death.” 

          We first need a healthy respect for God and we need to seek him and get our eyes off ourselves.   

Colossians 3:1-4

          “Since, then, you have been raised with Christ set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is your life appears, then you will also appear with Him in Glory.” 

          It’s a battle for our attention that we are fighting.

1 Peter 5:6-9

          “Humble yourselves, therefore under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.  Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” 

          This is part of a song by Kim Hill and it’s so deep we need to remember where our attention and focus should be. 

          “Holy, You are still holy

          Even when the darkness surrounds my life

          Sovereign, you are still sovereign

          Even when confusion has blinded my eyes

          Lord, I don’t deserve your kind affection

          When my unbelief has kept me from your touch

          I want my life to be a pure reflection

Of your love”

 

I want to conclude with two more things from Audio Adrenaline and Degarmo and Key.  This is another reason I always mention there are links to the music in the written portion of the blog because I do quote the songs and give you a chance to listen to them.  It’s like getting a mini church service in a blog because you are also given a chance to praise God.

“I’m a season past springtime

And my life has gone bloom

Keep my eyes on the father

Everything is in bloom.”

 

I can feel it tuggin'
This world, it tries to slow me down
I won't give up one inch of ground
Headed for the future
I leave behind the past
Walking with my Savior
I know, I know, I know I'm free at last
Right on track
Pressing forward, won't look back
Right on track
With my eyes on Jesus
I'm right on track

 

 

 

 

You are still holy by Kim Hill

Weak Days by Steven Curtis Chapman

O, Praise the name by Hillsong

Right on Track by Degarmo and Key

Just be Held by Casting Crowns

Memoir by Audio Adrenaline

 O the Blood by Selah

Nothing but the blood by Kelly Park

No comments:

Post a Comment