Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Reactions

The Reactions 

I don’t know how long this Corona Virus pandemic will last.  When you log in to Facebook you see an odd array of reactions. Some people are mad, depressed or bored.  One of my friends Angela said there needed to be a page of encouragement and cheerful things. I’m one of those people trying to spread hope.  But it has to be the right hope.  That can only be found in God’s Word. Chicken soup for the soul just won’t do. Can’t get it with Egg Drop, Wonton or Hot and Sour soup either.  I love soup I will become like Bubba on Forest Gump if we talk about soup but this is not that blog.   You need to turn to God, pour out your heart and trust Him.  So I’m taking you to the book of Psalms because King David knew where to turn.  

Psalm 61:1-5
“Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer.  From the ends of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For you have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy.  Let me dwell in your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of your wings.  For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the inheritance of those who fear your name.”   

Psalm 62:5-8
“My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold: I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.  Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.”  

2 Peter 5:6-8
“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you.  Be of sober spirit, be on the alert, your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”

“The stage is bare, the crowds are gone
Lord, Now’s the time I need your song
To give me joy and certainty 
When no one else is watching me
I need you more than words can say
Tomorrow’s such a daily day 
And so I need to feel you then
Holding my hand, please hold me then.  
I need you, Lord

I need thee every hour, Most gracious Lord 
No tender voice like thine can peace afford 
I need thee O, I need thee
Every hour I need thee.”


Some of us have been isolated in this pandemic and our reactions aren’t right we need Hope that is found in God alone and we need to humble ourselves and seek Him.  He’s provided every reason to do so.  












No comments:

Post a Comment