Thursday, April 2, 2020

But as for me

But as for me

Psalm 59:16-17
“But as for me , I shall sing of your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of your loving kindness in the morning.  For you have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress.  O my strength, I will sing praises to you; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me loving kindness.”

“Strong and mighty, strong to save us
Like a fortress never failing
Strong in battle, strong in kindness 
When we stray Lord you’re strong to find us.
When the winds come hard against us
You are steadfast you are true
When the ground beneath us trembles 
Your foundation never moves. “

“Lord you are my light and my salvation 
Whom shall I fear if you are near
Lord you are my peace when there is war all around me
And even here inside me I will have no fear
O Lord, you’re my protection from my enemies 
You set me high upon a rock you defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less
For you have made me whole
O Lord you are my stronghold 
You are my stronghold.”

I started working on this on Friday not knowing that Saturday around noon Marion and I would have to go to the vet and have our dog Sofie put to sleep due to tumors on and in her abdomen.  We find ourselves crying and praying a lot.  Each day with a dog or a person is a gift from God.  We’ve got a pandemic going on creating panic.  There’s plenty to be stressed and worried about.  But like Kerrie Roberts said in her song Keep Breathing.  “With every breath you bring in hope.”  God is our stronghold we can run to.  Trust Him and seek Him.  







1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for loss. Thank you for the inspiring words.

    ReplyDelete