Sunday, March 8, 2020

Reminder

Reminder

In the world of pro wrestling if a certain star is gone for a long time when they come back to television after some form of injuries they often do a promo or speech with points to remind the audience of who they are.  Often you and I lose focus we need a reminder of who God is and just what he is capable of.  Isaiah has hidden gems of songs.  I’ve often gotten this concept in my head that the prophets in the Old Testament only mention doom and gloom but there’s still hope.  There’s even songs of praise.  I want to show you one of those wonderful songs.

Isaiah 25:1-4

“O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you, I will give thanks to your name; for you have worked many wonders.  Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.  For you have made a city into a heap.  A fortified city into a ruin; A palace of strangers is a city no more.  It will never be rebuilt.  Therefore a strong people will glorify you; cities of ruthless nations will revere you.  For you have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a rain storm against a wall.”

We get reminders of God as our protection from ruthless people and shown he does great and wonderful things.  

When you seek God you return to Hope!  




The last two songs posted here I discovered this week and they are truly awesome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment