Thursday, December 12, 2019

Time Constraints

Time constraints 

There’s something I have been giving thought to for about a month now off and on.  We can come to God in prayer for help at any time!   God is not bound by any time constraints.  We can come to him day or night.

Pastor Micah said something this last Sunday that I had heard preachers say.  “Do you ever feel like your prayers aren’t making it past the ceiling?”  I’ve heard it said a lot.   Micah quoted these verses Psalm 116:1-2 “I love the Lord because he hears my prayer for mercy.  Because he bends down to listen.  I will pray as long as I have breath!” That’s assurance He’s paying attention.

In Matthew 11:28-30 we find this
“Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Psalm 23:3 
“He restores my soul; he guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

1 Peter 5:7
“Casting all your anxiety on Him for he cares about you.”

Hebrews 4:14-16
“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.  Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

When I said earlier there are no time constraints with God this is what I want to get across and something I have been praying and thankful to God for is he calls us to come to him. When? Anytime? Day or night yes it doesn’t matter your schedule he wants you to come to him in prayer he wants you to read his word so he can speak to you.  I read this thing in a Youversion app and it said this “How you view God affects the choices you make.”  If you have the idea he hates you then you don’t really want to spend time with him or get to know him.  But if you read the Bible it changes that perception.  It’s not us that he hates it is the sin we commit and that’s why we need a savior.  That was the whole reason for Christmas and the rescue mission of Jesus dying on the cross to redeem us.  God wants to spend time with you.  To give you the right perspective and it might be the first time this clicks with you I submit to you one of my life verses.  

Romans 5:8
“But God demonstrates his own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”

While you were still a sinner God loved you so much he sent his Son to redeem you and me. To the unbelievers  If you walk away with only one thing after reading this you need to change how you view God because he loves you and wants a personal relationship with you.  To you the believer in Christ learn this and be amazed that at any time God wants you to come spend time with him.  It’s simplistic and yet profound the God of all creation wants to spend time with you and me.  It’s a lot to wrap our finite minds around.  











No comments:

Post a Comment