Sunday, December 8, 2019

Commit, trust, seek and delight

Commit, trust Seek and  delight 

We live in a world where advertisers push us to be jealous of others.  If we only looked acted or dressed or used their product we will be fulfilled.  The closer we get to Christmas the more the advertisements will amp up.  God calls us to not be jealous of others especially evildoers.  He calls the believers to another way to live.  

Isaiah 26:9

“At night my soul longs for you, indeed, my spirit within me seeks you diligently; for when the earth experiences your judgments the inhabitants of this world learn righteousness.”

I get off work at 11:30 pm and before bed I try to go through a plan on the Youversion Bible app so the soul seeking at night I personally relate to.

Psalm 37:1-6
“Do not fret because of evildoers, be not envious towards wrongdoers.  For they will wither quickly like the grass and fade like the green herb.  Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your ways to the Lord, trust also in Him, and he will do it.  He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday.”

I read very big books I am often with a Warhammer omnibus to read and they’re three books in one.  I had a coworker see me with one at work one night when it was slow.  She said “This is really huge, you could read the Bible.”  Not only can I but I need to more often so I keep my heart right with God.  Don’t let so many things tempt you to fall into the trap of thinking you need an advertisement’s product to be fulfilled because what we need is to read God’s Word and learn from it.  If you need a good reading plan and you have a Youversion app on your phone I suggest reading Finding Rest in a Busy World.  My friend Ricky invited me to read it with him and others it’s only a nine day plan but very good.  We all need to spend more time in the Bible.  




No comments:

Post a Comment