Friday, January 4, 2019

Porpoise or purpose

Porpoise or purpose 

What’s the purpose for you doing the things you do?  Do you swim through life like a porpoise or do you have purpose.  There’s a seasick dolphin pun in here somewhere.  We had a missionary at our church recently who asked some questions that got me thinking.  I want to present you with two in particular.  What is God calling you to?  What can be done if you are willing to follow God?  I tried to take a break from working on the blog but as I read the Bible I found myself needing to blog and share with others because that is what God has called me personally to do.  My friend Ofey posted this on her Facebook page and it needs to be repeated “Let the Holy Word out, God’s Fire will not leave you alone, we are His mouthpiece.  Speak!”  

I was reading 1 Thessalonians 2:4 this morning and the verse was something I kept returning to.  Like Paul we have a purpose and it should be the same as his because there’s no higher purpose.  “For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people.  He alone examines the motives of our hearts.”  To please God and not men should always be our purpose.  

Proverbs 29:25 “Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.”  Worry more about pleasing God than people.  

What can be done if I’m willing to follow God?  That’s between you and God.  Maybe you need to shift your focus and be willing.  Me I have to share the hope found in God’s Word.  I can’t not do it.  When God changes your life you have to say something.  







No comments:

Post a Comment