Saturday, August 4, 2018

If I only had a brain

If I only had a brain 

“Gosh it would be awful pleasin to reason out the reason for things I can’t explain then perhaps I’ll deserve ya and be even worthy of ya if I only had a brain.”

I’ve read through the Bible multiple times and some of those who have seen my posts on Facebook last week can tell you I posted something about this.  I have discovered recently that Nehemiah is a very action packed book.  Another thing I have learned is in the book of Job they weren’t all wrong.  There are actually things you can learn from the book.  See I have heard quite a few pastors and some avoid the book and sometimes it is preached from with a perspective that Job, his friends and wife were all completely wrong and never said anything worth reading.  At least that’s the way it always seemed to me.  About a month ago Pastor Micah actually quoted a passage from the book and it caught me off guard to the point I began reading the book for myself.  Job and his friends weren’t completely wrong they simply didn’t know what was going on between God and Satan in regards to Job.  You can actually find an awesome passage about seeking God and finding wisdom that I wanted to share with you.  We could learn some things from this book.  If you’ve never read the book of Job I encourage you to.  Why because you have a brain and you can learn wisdom.  

Job 28:20-28

“But do my people know where to find wisdom?  Where can they find understanding?  It is hidden from the eyes of humanity.  Even the sharp-eyed birds in the sky cannot discover it.  Destruction and Death say, ‘We’ve heard only rumors of where wisdom can be found.’  God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens.  He decided how hard the winds should blow and how much rain should fall.  He made the laws for the rain, and laid out a path for the lightning.  Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it.  He set it in place and examined it thoroughly.  And this is what he says to all humanity:  ‘The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding ‘.”  

I mean just look at that for a moment.  Here’s a few things the person who skipped the book of Job would miss.  

1.  God is in control of the rain and lightning
2.  Not even the sharp-eyed birds, death, destruction or people know where true wisdom can be found but God does.  
3.  “The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.”  

Now some of you might have seen Disney’s Aladdin.  So for you looking to read the book of Job I need you to remember the words of the Genie.  “He can be taught.”  Like I said you have a brain and if you only had a brain you could learn something.  Like the Riddler said on Batman Forever.  “If you kill him; he won’t learn nothing.”  Use your brains people read your Bible and let God show you things.  I did and it got you another blog.  Some may think I’m being a little silly but I desire for the reader to spend time in God’s Word on their own.  Having a copy of the Bible is good and all but you need to read it for it to have an impact on your life.  







Dive Deeper by Steven Curtis Chapman


No comments:

Post a Comment