Sunday, March 4, 2018

Goal worthy

Goal worthy

Some people go crazy creating goals for themselves.  I mean some college students listen to these professors and come up with 5-10 year life plans and it may work for them doesn't always.  I have small and large goals.  I as a writer have a goal each week to bring you all a Bible study blog.  With that is a longer goal see I want it to be God's word and very little of mine.  I also have a goal that started out small and became large.  Been working on two fictional stories for almost two years.  And one day I will finish them.  But enough about that see I want to introduce you to a long range goal and maybe a guy in the Bible you've never really seen before.  Years ago I was given a Story Bible it's now known as the Action Bible.  It's essentially the Bible in the form of a comic book.  For the parents and grandparents get this thing for kids it will foster a love for reading and God's word.  See that's where I first met Joash.  In second Kings 11 this priest Jehoida and the temple guards overthrew the Queen of Judah and put Joash on the throne at age seven.  This was depicted in my Story Bible and I still see that 80's comic book art style in my head years later when I read about that event.  I bring Joash to your attention because he is part of a long range goal we should all have. The book of Second Kings can read like the opening of the Clint Eastwood classic The Good The Bad and The Ugly.  Just a real who's who of rulers.  

Second Kings 12:1-2 shows us the long range goal we all need.  "Joash began to rule over Judah in the seventh year of King Jehu's reign in Israel.  He reigned in Jerusalem forty years.  His mother was Zibah from Beersheba.  All his life Joash did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight because Jehoida the priest instructed him."  Do you want a good long range goal for your life?  There it is people Do what is pleasing in the Lord's sight.  
Psalm 63:1 "O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water."  
As Christians we should always strive to live a life pleasing to God and pursue him with our whole being.  I don't know about you but I would like to be like Jacob.  See check out Hebrews 11:21.  "It was by faith that Jacob, when he was old and dying, blessed each of Joseph's sons and bowed in worship as he leaned on his staff."  I want my last act to be in worship and pleasing to God.  

"So many voices telling me which way to go.  So many choices from those who think they know.  There's a way that seems right to a man.  But only brings him death.  I wanna go the way that leads to life till I draw my dying breath don't wanna be a man pleaser I wanna be a God Pleaser I just want to have the wisdom to discern the two apart."  



















No comments:

Post a Comment