Sunday, January 7, 2018

Restore

Restore

There's a line in an old song called Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys and the line says this "Each night begins a new day."  Psalms 23:2-3 says this "He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.  He renews my strength.  He guides me along right paths bringing honor to his name."  Those that have played video games for any length of time will tell you when you see a save spot in your game you better save it because you don't know what's about to happen.  This is the start of 2018 and you have a save point because we don't know what this year will bring.  See if you are a Christian you serve a God who saves and restores and he knows what is going to happen.  Before you got saved you were on a self destruct mission.  But that's not what God wants for you. 2 Corinthians 5:17 "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person.  The old life has gone; a new life has begun."  

Depending on which Bible translation you read Psalms 23:3 can say "Restore renew or refresh" in regards to your soul and strength.   See for me personally this is a verse I often pray back to God before going to sleep asking Him to do all these things.  Sometimes I have days where I'm having trouble getting to sleep because I can't really stab my brain with a q-tip and make it shut up.  I will be stressed out and can't fall asleep so I start praying.  I need his peace.  Sometimes my body will hurt from some exercise or being at work.  If you read Psalms 23 God takes care of it all.  He restores, refreshes and renews.  Then when you pray at night each night truly begins a new day.  

So maybe you're the type of person who wants to push back and say "Well why would God do that why would he want to take care of me that way?"  Hold still because this one might sting a little.  Hold your breath as long as you can.  Then breathe.  You needed that air badly right?  God provided it and he restores you with it.  See recently I took a break from the blog for a week I needed to recharge.  Here's the funny thing though every time I do that God brings me something to say.  Maybe it's not to the reader's of the blog but it is always something.  See the other day my friend Becky Meyer asked on Facebook for a non dictionary definition of peace and I listed Psalms 23:3 and 1 Peter 5:7.  In Romans 15:33 it says this.  "The God of peace be with you all." See God gives his people peace.  It doesn't mean it's all perfect in your life but you rest in the knowledge he is in control.  Part of him renewing, refreshing and restoring is the peace he gives you when you trust him during the storms.  This year is a new start Trust God let him renew, refresh and restore you mind body and soul.  He created you and as you proved earlier gives you breath.  Lay your cares on him he loves you and he's big enough to handle it all.  

Philippians 4:6-7 "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  





No comments:

Post a Comment