Saturday, January 27, 2018

More than Once

More than once 


On more than one occasion I have been accused of things I didn't do.  About a month ago it happened.  As a security guard at the end of the night I am responsible for making sure two big mechanical gates are closed at the end of my shift.  I was accused of leaving one open and my boss called me to ask about it.  Now I knew at the end of my shift I had done my job to the best of my ability.  I knew both gates were closed.  But here I was being accused and my boss just wanted my side of things.  She didn't believe I did it.  She even talked to other managers who have been around when I close up the job site.  The common things she was told was "Gentry takes his job too seriously he wouldn't do something like that."  "We've seen him close up after everyone leaves and he stays and makes sure the gates close."  God is in the business of taking care of his people and I am proof of that because before I could even get to work there were enough witnesses to defend my character as an employee that I was declared innocent.  Psalm 37:5-7 has become very real to me.  "Commit everything you do to the Lord.  Trust him, and he will help you.  He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.  Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.  Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their evil schemes."  

See in the work world I have run into false accusations before.  If I'm innocent I pray and trust God and let him fight for me.  This time it happened I was so blown away by the fact that God used others to declare me innocent.  I barely had to say anything.  In fact one of the people accusing me was in shock when my boss mentioned that I take pictures of the gates before leaving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment