Saturday, November 11, 2017

Time to grow up ya Toys R Us kid

2 Peter 1:1-2
  

There's a few misconceptions about churches and their leaders that people have.  This past Sunday Pastor Micah dealt with one of them.  Real Life is on a mission to reach as many people as possible with the gospel of Christ.  We want to take as many people as possible with us to Heaven.  Life groups or small group bible studies have a purpose and that is once you're saved we want you to grow and be part of the church.  One day I won't be around and I at times am looking for who is going to start their own bible study blog and carry on the tradition and legacy into the future.  I have a friend Dustin Merriman who has started his own blog and I encourage him often.  A blog is not for everyone some want to meet in a physical location and interact with people.  As many of you know mine started out being for those who work nights because I feel that is a group that churches strongly neglect.  Unless you've worked nights you don't understand why I just said that.  Before you get upset because I do have some church leaders who read this hear me out.  Employees who work nights sleep during the day when most things are done.  They don't get to interact in bible study or other activities and often go to church on the verge of passing out.  When churches stop doing things in the evening those people are isolated and shut out.  This blog has changed to be for busy people who can't always physically make it to a group due to work or other activities.  It has also helped those who physically due to illness or surgery can't get to church. It is also a weekly dose of hope to those who need it.  

But back to the church misconception.  I often pray that this would be for God's glory and never mine.  Secondly I long for you the reader to grow as a Christian.  I was reading 2 Peter 1 yesterday and he says exactly what I wish I could say to you all.  

Watch these first few verses.  1-2.  "This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ.  I am writing to you who share the same precious faith we have.  This faith was given to you because of the justice and fairness of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior.  May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord."  See your pastors and teachers want the best for you and want you to grow up in Christ. 

  See I mentioned my friend Dustin's blog for a reason.  The theme behind what he writes is a longing to have more discipleship and have people grow further.  I have even told him my mission and that is this.  If just one person who reads my blog is brought closer to God just one person then I have accomplished what I set out to do.  It's not about what Zac can do but what God can do.  I further reminded him of Isaiah 55:11 "It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  God's word goes forth and does everything he wants it to.  I rarely know who reads the blog but God does and I have seen and heard from people that God does things and its amazing.  
  I mentioned before that when I write a blog it's a lot like a wrestling promo.  You have your points, your truth and your go home line.  See I could type up more verses to go with this but that kinda lets the reader off the hook because you can choose to read it or not.  But here's my challenge for you.  Pick up your bible and read 2 Peter 1:1-11 for the complete part of what I want to say to you.  Like I said I could finish typing it but to paraphrase Spider-Man with a great Bible study blog comes great responsibility.  


No comments:

Post a Comment