Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Equip

Many people who sit in churches listening to sermons don't always understand what the leader's purpose really is.  I'm hoping to clue you in a little.  I was recently listening to the testimony of Christian Don Francisco and how this man at a recording studio tore him apart for his lyrics.  Don had the crown repeat something.  Isaiah 61:1-2 "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring the good news to the poor.  He has sent me to comfort the broken-hearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed.  He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come and with it, the day of God's anger against their enemies."  See you have a message and so do I to share we're not to be just church attenders but actively involved.  We are on mission with God.  Regarding the leaders in the church this is their purpose.  Ephesians 4:11-12 "Now these are the gift Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors, and teachers.  Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ."  Build up and equip.  See a sermon or bible study is not just to make you feel better but its to change you and give you the tools to spread God's word and live a godly life.  See Jesus personally trained 12 men and sent them out and the world was turned upside down.  I know you may already have an excuse of what difference can I make I'm just a lowly person.  I show up each week and post a bible study online and somehow God uses it.  I'm not a teacher with any training.  If you claim God can't use you, you obviously haven't met over half the people in the bible.  The disciples were fishermen and tax collectors, Gideon had trust issues, David was a shepherd who killed and lusted, Moses had speech problems.  The youth pastor Jimmy at Real Life formerly did drugs and alcohol.  My Dad is a pastor the same can be said of him.  God can change anyone and use them.  The Apostle Paul wrote 90% of the New Testament persecuted Christians.  The question is not can He use you but are you willing to let him.  Are you willing to let the leaders in your church build you up and equip you and respond like Isaiah.  Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the Lord asking `Whome should I send as a messenger to this people?  Who will go for us?'  I said `Here am I send me.'"  

Matthew 9:35-38

"35Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.36When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. 37Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”



No comments:

Post a Comment