Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Goal

  Yes the title of this is Goal but it has nothing to do with soccer thankfully.  I'm not a person who really sets goals or plans.  If a plan happens or succeeds I'm a little like Hannibal from the A-Team.  "I love it when a plan comes together."  I'm more like Dean Ambrose getting in a wrestling ring and going nuts being spontaneous kinda guy.  I do have some large overall goals.  I've been reading through First and Second Kings and Psalms a lot lately and discovered something new.  1 Kings 10:1  When the Queen of Sheba heard of Solomon's fame, which brought honor to the name of the Lord, she came to test him with hard questions."  That phrase "Which brought honor to the name of the Lord" that's what got my attention.  I often pray for myself and Marion that we would be the husband and wife that glorify God.  David is referred to as a man after God's own heart.  Acts 13:22 "But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man whom God said `I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, he will do everything I want him to do.'"  See I have goals of being the husband Marion needs, the father our dog Mara needs, the best writer I can, getting back to painting, the protector of my family but I desire to most be like David and Solomon and be said to have honored God and been a man after his own heart.  I want to be like the servants in Matthew 25 who were told by the Master "Well done my good and faithful servant."  
  This should be our goal as Christians.  If it's not it's time to take a serious look and ask why you don't want to glorify and honor God.  Acts 5:29 "But Peter and the apostles replied, `We must obey God rather than any human authority'."  

No comments:

Post a Comment