Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9-27-15 Behind the Scenes

Been thinking a lot over the past 2 weeks about the blog.  Specifically this Saturday I was thinking quite a bit.  This is a bible study blog that is e-mailed to a group, shared on my facebook page and on blogspot.  It can somehow be accessed in google circles.  I publish it but some tech things escape me so I don't get the whole google feed or circles thing.  
  So with all that being said there's a lot of people and ways to access the blog,  I don't always see or understand how God is using me sharing bible studies online.  With that I wanted to share a passage.  Isaiah 55:8-11 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord, "And my ways are beyond anything you could imagine.  For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.  The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with my word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  See I don't always get what's going on with this bible study but I've been learning I don't have to.  Two nights ago Marion and I were talking and I was concerned that people who had signed up never really responded to me contacting them.  She reminded me that this study is for the busy, and on the go, and things happen but God will use it how and when he sees fit.  I also got reminded of this by Brooke.  I want to let you in on something.  You who read this study I'm praying for you.  So is Brooke our Life Group coordinator.  So is David the man in charge of Real Life's prayer team.  I also have a friend Barbara she prays for Marion and I and all of you are affected by that as well.  See I'm just a messenger.  I'm simply willing to share God's word with you and my feeble observations.  But when God's word goes out it always accomplishes his plan.  When he changes your life that's the really cool part.  When I got asked to be a life group leader years ago it started with a simple idea.  It has become so much more.  I often pray this prayer and there's nothing spectacular about the prayer or words.  Its God at work who deserves all the glory.  I ask God to let whatever he has for me to say be his words and not mine and that I be the least important part.  I'm going to tell you this God made this blog possible he's at work doing things I don't understand and I couldn't imagine.  Sometimes he puts friends in my path to encourage me.  If you read these feeble presentations regularly or are new to it you are being prayed for.  The God of all creation sent his son Jesus to die for your sins and mine.  He wants a personal relationship with you and wants to change you.
  Ephesians 3:20    "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."  
  As you walk away from this I want you to take this with you.  "God is able He will never fail.  He is almighty God.  Greater than all we seek greater than all we ask.  He has done great things.  Lifted up He defeated the grave.  Raised to life our God is able.  In His name we overcome for the Lord our God is able."  


No comments:

Post a Comment