Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Psalm 50

Some of you know i spent well over a yr and a half on the book of Psalms.  This week i was reading and came across Psalms 50 and it just got my attention.  I doubt i ever even did anything with this chapter before but it bears looking at.  

1.  "The Lord, the Mighty One, is God and he has spoken; he has summoned all humanity from where the sun rises to where it sets."  When i hear the word "summoned" i always hear this voice in my head.  In the 80's we had the real Transformers animated movie.  Orson Wells voiced a planet called Unicron and spoke this phrase "I have summoned you here for a purpose.  God summoned all humanity in this verse so that includes you and me and we need to pay attention.  
2.  "From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty God shines in glorious radiance."  Think of the old song as you dwell on this verse.  "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."
3.  "Our God approaches and he is not silent.  Fire devours everything in his way and a great storm rages around him."  In our world we have gotten so accustomed to saying mother nature in regards to weather we often fail to acknowledge God is in control and he makes it do what he chooses."
4-6.  "He calls on the heavens above and the earth below to witness the judgement of his people.  Bring my faithful people to me- those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices.  Then let the heavens proclaim his justice for God himself will be the judge."  We just stepped into God's courtroom.
7.  "O, my people, listen as i speak.  Here are my charges against you, O Israel; I am God your God!"  God didn't leave any room for discussion.  
8-13.  In these verses God establishes his self sufficiency he doesn't need humans we need him.  
14.  "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High."  This is what God wants from you and me.  
15.  "Then call on me when you are in trouble and I will rescue you and you will give me glory."  Think back to when you may have taking a writing course.  This verse is something we all learned break it down and you have a perfect example of cause and effect.  
16-20.  God describes the actions of the wicked.  
21.  "While you did all this I remained silent and you thought I didn't care, but now I will rebuke you listing all my charges against you."  Judgement day is coming and God has been paying attention to everything.
22.  "Repent, all of you, who forget me or I will tear you apart and no one will help you."  Pretty straightforward repent and turn back to God.
23.  "But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.  If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God."  God wants our thanks and praise.  

Hebrews 13:15-16
15Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.16And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.…  
 
I found the lyric video for this one because i think everyone should learn this song.
Praise the King by Cindy Morgan Praise The King - Cindy Morgan

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 

Mine eyes have seen the glory by Laura Williams "Battle Hymn" - Laura Williams [Official Video]


In majesty He will come/Majesty by Sandi Patti Sandi Patty In Majesty He Will Come


No comments:

Post a Comment