Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Not ashamed 1 Timothy 1:6-10

I deal with Fear and Willpower more than the normal person because i am a fan of the Green Lantern comics.  I was going to work that into an illustration but I was reminded of something a friend had told me back in 1996 which has stuck with me for yrs.  I'm not sure if it was original to her or not.  "Fear knocked at the door; Faith answered but there was no one there."  --Rhonda Sliger.  Let's learn some things about our faith.

6.  "This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid hands on you."  Think of a fireplace it starts with a few logs and some matches then you have a small fire.  I watched my dad for yrs build a fire in a bbq pit and he started out with small fires but sometimes he needed a good sized fire he would feed that flame with a fan.  We have to feed our faith and relationship with God in order for it to grow.
7.  "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity but of power, love and self- discipline."  Did you catch the math problem here?  God gives=Power, Love, Self-Discipline>fear.  See math can be fun.  
8.  "So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord.  And don't be ashamed of me either even though I'm in prison for him.  With the strength God gives you be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News."  God gives us the strength and ability to not be ashamed and suffer for him.  
9.  For God saved us and called us to live a holy life.  He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time--to show us grace through Christ Jesus."  See also Ephesians 2:1-10
10.  "And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus our Savior.  He broke the power of death and illuminated the way of life and immorality through the good news,"




Not Ashamed by Jeremy Camp Jeremy Camp Not Ashamed (Lyric Video)

 
 
image
 
 
 
 
 
Preview by Yahoo
 




This song has been playing on my mp3 player this evening because like you i need to remember What love looks like.  
Arms wide open by Misty Edwards Misty Edwards: Arms wide open (with lyrics)

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment