Sunday, April 27, 2014

Philippians 1:2-6

I think encouragement is very much lacking in the world today.  I got encouraged in a strange way this week.  Years ago i worked nights and i would end my day by stopping at Denny's in Annaville.  I would sit at the bar because i dined alone and didn't feel like taking up a booth or table.  Among the wait staff i became friends with was this lady Aletha.  Well yrs would pass and i got married to Marion.  On a road trip with my wife and her parents i found out i married into Aletha's family.  I even got to visit her church she goes to.  This past Sunday i was on face book and Aletha had posted something that got my attention.  "When God gives you a Ministry in his house...whether it be a big church or a little church...He still expects Us to be faithful to that ministry...His children deserve that ...even if it's only 2 kids they are important to the father..When you aren't faithful that let's the children down & God down"  
  I do an online bible study and God has called me to that.  I sometimes get a like on face book or a comment or a text or e-mail.  I don't always see results but Aletha reminded me to be faithful.  I don't always know who's reading it but my friend Aracely sent me an e-mail and told me not only does she read it but she shares it with her husband and daughters.  That's something only God can make happen.  I hope God uses this to encourage you.  

2:  "May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace."  I read a lot of fantasy fiction novels and a common greeting is the warriors grasp.  It's not a handshake you grasp one anothers forearms instead and say "well met".  Paul is greeting you and i in God's name as fellow warriors and praying grace and peace over us.  There is intense love in his greeting.  
3.  "Every time i think of you, I give thanks to my God."  When i think of those who read this bible study i am thankful and i do pray for you.  
4-6.  "Whenever i pray, i make my requests for all of you with joy for you have been my partners in sharing the good news about Christ from the time you heard it until now.  And i am certain that God who began the good work within you will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."  For those that are part of this online bible study you bring me joy.  Keep pointing others to God and be faithful.  He's not done with us yet not by a long shot.
I'm going to leave you with this

"May the Lord bless you and protect you
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you
May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace."

Omega by Rebecca St James OMEGA / REBECCA ST. JAMES


Light of your Face by Misty Edwards Misty Edwards sings 'Light of Your Face'  

Forever Friends by Sandi Patti Forever Friends 

  

Some of you may call this a Christmas song only but pay attention to the words this time.  O come let us adore him by Matt Redman o come let us adore him by matt redman




No comments:

Post a Comment